2023 Marks 30 Years in Business for Miller Family Homes!
And what a journey it has been! Full of highs and lows, it hasn’t always been an easy path, but we are extremely proud of where we are today!
Started in 1993 by Clint Miller and his wife Brigitte, their passion for people and knowledge of new home construction fueled the Miller Family Homes of today. (Read more about the beginning of Miller Family Homes in “Our Story” here.) Through the years, the company has grown and expanded and is now comprised of a team of ten and several different companies including Miller Family Properties which owns and operates two different townhome communities, and Miller Family Development which develops the land we build our communities on.
Today, Clint is the President and fearless leader of Miller Family Homes. He also draws up architectural plans and acquires land to build future communities. Brigitte’s legacy lives on through their sons, Derek and Kevin. Derek currently works for Georgia Pacific as an Industrial Estimator while Kevin lives in Minnesota and is the top New Home Specialist for Creative Homes. Both Derek and Kevin plan on returning to the family business in the coming years full of the knowledge and experience they’ve gained during their time with these other companies.
Chief Operating Officer, Mike runs the day-to-day operations here at Miller Family Homes while Controller, Dinah overseas offices, accounts, and financials for all the Miller Family Companies. Project Manager Eric oversees the development, construction, and building of all Miller Family Homes and communities. Interior Designer and Draftswoman Courtney creatively and skillfully plans and picks designs for all our new homes, models, and sales centers. New Home Specialists Scott Darrenkamp and Jenny Castro are who you’ll meet in our communities and both are eager to help you buy or build your brand-new home. Savannah, our Online Sales Consultant, Closing Coordinator, and Digital Marketing Specialist will be glad to answer any questions you may have via a phone call, text, email, or the chat button on our website. After you sign a purchase agreement, you’ll meet Scott Sampson, our Customer Care Specialist who will walk you through your Home Presentation leading up to closing and take care of you through your warranty checkups. At closing on your new home, you’ll meet Savannah in person and receive a little gift and intro to the Miller Family Homes family. Behind the scenes, Marketing Director Astyn designs and manages the website, graphic designs, and marketing efforts for the Miller Family Companies.
This amazing team collaborates, learns and grows together to create everything that you see from Miller Family Homes. As a company, we are so very appreciative and thankful for the team that we have today, along with past team members who helped Miller Family Homes to get to where it is today. Without the whole team, past and present, none of this would have been possible.
- Donating The House That She Built books and companion The House That She Built Activity Books to L’ Ouverture Career Explorations & Technology Magnet.
- Participating in the Great Cycle Challenge for 3 years running led by Dinah and raising over $5,000 in that time for Children’s cancer research.
- Adopting or rather we were the ones being adopted by Sassy, our Office Cat who continually keeps the team on-task, loves to be the center of attention and may require the occasional snuggling or kitty treat.
- Planting over 5 trees in our customers’ yards in 2022 alone as part of our Spread Your Roots Referral Program (learn more about our referral program here).
- Winning Pick of the Parade among other awards during the Parade of Homes for multiple different entries and floor plans.
- Expanding our On Your Land program to our services so that we can build on land you own, whether it’s in one of our communities or not. (Psst, we’ve got 14 different floor plans to choose from! Learn more here.)
- Creating and curating an impressive list of resources and content for both prospective buyers and current homeowners available completely for free and backed by a team of knowledgeable and skilled professionals. (Check out the Homebuyer’s Guide here.) (Explore the Homeowner Resources here.) (View our Customer Center here to discover all our resources.)
- Selling nearly completely out of Village Estates and Southern Ridge, moving them into the Grand Closeout phase. (Learn more about the benefits of buying in a Grand Closeout here.)
- Adding the ability to self-tour some of our homes! Haven’t checked it out yet – now is a perfect time!
- Expanding hours in our Clear Creek community to be open seven days a week!
We are so very thankful to all our partners; Realtors, lenders, title companies, subcontractors, and vendors – without your continued support we would none of our accomplishments would have been possible! We are truly thankful for each and every one of you and look forward to your continued partnership in the years to come!
Finally, we want to thank you, our customers, past, present, and future! If you’ve bought or built with us, we hope that you are enjoying your Miller Family Home and making memories to last a lifetime in your new home. If you haven’t yet bought or built with us, we hope that you will consider doing so. Our goal – our mission, is to build better homes and better communities. We want you to love every step of your pathway to homeownership and beyond. If you haven’t yet, take a moment to discover The Miller Familly Homes Difference and learn more about how we’re different. And if you’re looking to buy or build, don’t miss our great savings opportunities that we’ve got running this month! You can view current savings opportunities here.
Miller Family Homes has exciting things planned for 2023, our 30th year, and beyond!
- Our snazzy, new Welcome Center and Model will be opening in Clear Creek in April and ready for the Parade of Homes!
- Arvada, our new community near 119th and 37th in Maize, is having the land developed now! We’ll be releasing the community map and floor plans for this community very soon along with accepting homesite reservations!
- There will be another exciting new community that we’ll be releasing details about very soon!
- We’ll be partnering with Girl Scouts of America to host events tied to The House That She Built to continue that initiative and educational opportunities for Wichita’s youth.
- For Realtors, we’re planning some great collaborative events for Realtors throughout the year, including a boosted Coop Commission for every sale after the second. (Realtors, learn more here!)
And this is just a small, sneak peek of what we’ve got planned for this year alone! Subscribe to our newsletters and emails to stay informed about everything Miller Family Homes and be the first to know when we release new information, communities, floor plans and more! (Subscribe here!)
We are thrilled for 2023, our 30th anniversary year, and so very thankful to our team, past and present, our partners, lenders, realtors, subcontractors, vendors and tradespeople, and especially to all of our customers and prospective customers throughout the last 30 years! We hope you’ll join us on this journey for this year and beyond, and find your home sweet home with Miller Family Homes!