Your land. Our plan. Same Goal.
Our On Your Land program, or OYL, offers homebuyers the freedom to build one of our floor plans on land or a homesite (also known as a lot) they own in an open-build community within our buildable area.
Simply stated, you own the land and we “helicopter” in the house. Typically, Miller Family Homes finances the building of the home and associated costs (adding utilities, flatwork, etc.) and once construction is complete, there will be a final closing and you’ll take full ownership of the home. To build On Your Land, you’ll need a special kind of preapproval and financing for a construction loan. There are multiple kinds of construction loans so you’ll want to be sure you talk to a lender early in the OYL process. Don’t have a lender? That’s okay! We have a few that we can recommend.
Currently, we have two New Home Specialists for On Your Land. If your land or desired location is west of I-135 you’ll work with Scott. If your land or desired location is eas of I-135 you’ll work with Jenny.
To fully determine if our On Your Land program is right for your location and lifestyle, you can call or chat with our Online Sales Consultant to help you determine your next steps.
OYL Requirements & Considerations
- You must choose one of our floor plans.
- You must choose from the options we offer. Don’t worry, there are many to choose from that accommodate even the biggest dreamers.
- You must build within our “Buildable Area” (indicated on the map).
- You must own the land or purchase the land separately. (If you don’t have any but are still wanting to build OYL, let us know.)
- You’ll need a special kind of financing called a Construction Loan.
- You’ll need to be flexible. We are in a unique time in the building industry – with frequent price increases, and labor and material shortages, the price to build your home may increase over time and there may be delays in the building process.
See What We’ve Built For Others
Map of Our OYL Buildable Area
The Miller Family Homes Difference goes beyond what you see on the surface. The following is included in every home we build.
• Rain Bird® sprinkler system & roughly 1/4 acre of sod
• 30” Stained cabinets with soft close drawers
• Tile backsplash in the kitchen
• Whirlpool® stainless steel appliance package
• Generous island sizes in most floor plans
• Walk-in shower in the master bathroom
• Water closet with elongated stool in suite
• Brushed nickle finish hardware for doorknobs, handles, locks, etc.
• 1 Chamberlain® myQ® smart garage door opener
• Energy-efficient Pella® 250 Series windows with a limited lifetime warranty
• Tamko® Heritage® roof shingles resist wind
• Composite LP® SmartSide® Lap Siding backed by a 50-year limited warranty
• Exterior paint consisting of body, trim and accent colors from Sherwin-Williams®
• Interior paint wall color in flat or matte finish, white trim & six-inch baseboards throughout
• Flat, knockdown ceilings (no popcorn texture)
• Concrete vapor barrier under the slab
• Ultra-Sheild® basement waterproofing with a 10-year limited warranty
• 1-Year builder warranty
HEALTHY, SMART, ENERGY-EFFICIENT FEATURES INCLUDED IN EVERY HOME:
• Honeywell® Wi-Fi thermostat controls a multi-zoned, fresh-air HVAC system
• Trane® 92% AFUE energy-efficient blower furnace
• Trane® 13+ SEER Air Conditioner
• 5” Media Air Filter traps allergens providing better indoor air quality
• Sealed air ducts lower energy bills
• Smoke detectors outside every bedroom door and at ceiling height changes
• Cook-top vented to the outside
• Energy heel trusses for better insulation
• Passive radon vent
Our unique construction techniques allow us to build a more energy-efficient, healthier home at no cost to you. If you would like to learn more about these included features, you can read about The Miller Family Homes Difference by clicking the button below or asking a New Home Specialist for further details.
Disclaimers & Notes:
Subject to change & availability. Out of stock or discontinued items may be substituted with an equivalent. Talk to a New Home Specialist to learn more.
Ready to Build On Your Land?
Great! Here are the next steps you need to take to get the process started.
- Schedule a meeting with our New Home Specialist. You’ll discuss your budget, financing, preapproval status, land, our floor plans, and more. If you don’t have land, you’ll want to let the New Home Specialist know so that they can provide some options. Click here to schedule a meeting now.
- Review our Financial & Mortgage Tools. Download the Budget Snapshot Worksheet to determine how home you can afford. Use the other worksheets to help you shop for a lender. Review the other helpful information on this page to help you ensure you are on the right financial path for homeownership. Click here to explore our Financial & Mortgage Tools.
- If you don’t have a lender and preapproval for a construction loan, get it. Regardless of whether or not you already own land, you’ll still need a construction loan. Now is the perfect time to meet with and choose a lender and get preapproved. You’ll need it before you can sign a contract to have your home built.
That’s a great starting point to get the process started to build On Your Land. Check out the On Your Land Pathway to Homeownership below to see how the whole process typically unfolds. Again, steps and timelines can vary from customer to customer and situation to situation, so it’s good to be flexible.
Meet The On Your Land Specialists
West of I-135
Contact The Miller Family Homes Team
Not sure where to start? No problem! Click the chat button at right or answer a few quick questions below to tell us about yourself and our Online Sales Consultant, Savannah will get back to you. We look forward to helping you build on your land! Thank you!
Please note that required fields are marked with (*).