Are you ready to build a new home! Our Pathway to Homeownership will showcase what to expect on your journey, including how to get from floor plan selection to move-in day in 13 steps.
The 13 steps are grouped into three phases: Pre-Construction, Construction and Move-In.
- Pre-Construction: The first phase includes Steps 1-5. Consider this the planning and prepping phase, where you’ll work with our team to pick the perfect neighborhood, lot, home plan and home selections. This is an exciting time for us, partnering together to visualize and plan your new home. This phase takes approximately 3-4 weeks after your purchase agreement is signed.
- Step 1: Choose Your Dream Home & Site – Tour our neighborhoods and our available Designer Homes with our New Home Specialists. Choose your favorite homesite and floor plan in your selected community.
- Step 2: Review Financing Options – Review pricing on floor plans, homesites, specials and structural options.
- Step 3: Sign Purchase Agreement – Finalize selecting your floor plan, homesite and options, then sign a purchase agreement and provide earnest money.
- Step 4: Personalize Your Home – Personalize your new home with selections such as colors, flooring, light fixtures, countertops and appliances. You’ll meet with our Interior Designer to make navigating this task seamless and fun.
- Step 5: Meet Your Project Manager – Meet to review and finalize all selections and options with your Project Manager before construction begins.
- Construction: Steps 6-10 create the second phase. During this time, you’ll preview your home’s progress and completion while prepping for closing. Depending on the weather and availability of labor and materials, phase two can take anywhere from six to ten months, possibly even a full year. Your New Home Specialist will keep you up-to-date on your home’s progress throughout the entire process.
- Step 6: Breaking Ground – Construction officially begins with the excavation of your new home!
- Step 7: Frame Tour – See your home’s structure take shape by reviewing the framing and verifying the location of each electrical component.
- Step 8: Progress Tour – After the drywall is complete, you’ll see the rooms and spaces during the progress tour. You’ll get to review trim, shelving and other finishing details.
- Step 9: Prepare for Closing – Closing day takes place in approximately 60 days! Get ready by packing up your belongings and preparing for your final payment.
- Step 10: Home Presentation (HP) – Meet your Warranty Specialist to review your new home and the Miller Family Homes’ warranty program within a week of closing day.
- Move-In: This is perhaps the most exciting phase! It’s time to sign papers, move your things and settle into your new home. Completing Steps 11-14 will finalize your Pathway to Homeownership! Phase three is complete after the final warranty check approximately 11 months after closing.
- Step 11: Closing Day – Go to closing, sign papers, bring any required documents and money, then receive your new keys! This marks the official transfer of ownership to you!
- Step 12: Move-In Day – Take your valued possessions to your new home and enjoy your new home!
- Step 13: Customer Care – Warranty courtesy visits take place 60 days and 11 months after closing to make sure everything is working correctly.
- Step 14: Spread Your Roots – When you refer friends and family to us, you’ll be eligible to receive a tree when someone signs a purchase agreement. There is also an opportunity to provide feedback on your experience through an independent study.